The City Utilities Committee has jurisdiction over the following matters:
(1) Solid waste, sanitation and recycling.
(2) Sewage, solid waste, bulk waste, construction, and inert waste disposal.
(3) Matters pertaining to cable television, and the mayor's office of communications.
(4) Department of Watershed Management.
(5) Department of Public Works, and matters related to solid waste enforcement/services, street cleaning, and fleet management.
(6) Metropolitan Atlanta River Protection Act.
(7) Office of resilience.
(8) City franchise agreements including those related to public access television.
(9) Street lighting, banners, utility and other public right of way matters.
(10) Street naming, street abandonment, street dispositions.
(11) Matters related to the Atlanta Fulton Water Resources Commission, Keep Atlanta Beautiful Commission, public access television management, Solid Waste Management Authority, Water & Sewer Appeals Board, and other boards and bodies with subject matter under the purview of this committee.
(12) All budgeted contracts pertaining to the agencies under the jurisdiction of this committee.