The Public Safety and Legal Administration Committee has jurisdiction over the following matters:
(1) The public safety, generally.
(2) Department of police, including matters related to code enforcement.
(3) Department of fire and rescue.
(4) Department of corrections, including matters related to code enforcement.
(5) Office of emergency management services.
(6) Licenses issued under the police powers of the city (i.e. vending, alcohol.)
(7) All matters pertaining to findings of discrimination under the human relations ordinances of the city.
(8) All matters pertaining to the drafting, implementation and supervision of all penal ordinances of the city.
(9) All matters pertaining to municipal court operations, the number of municipal court judges and their salaries.
(10) Duties and number of solicitors, and the salaries of the solicitor and assistant solicitors.
(11) The duties, number and salaries of public defenders and assistant public defenders.
(12) The number and salaries of court officers pro hac vice.
(13) The law department.
(14) All budgeted contracts pertaining to the agencies under the jurisdiction of this committee.